Exchange rate 1115

User Rating: 5 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar Active
 

beach in dayThe last day of 2016 was a glorious one in Benidorm – beautifully warm with plenty of people on the beach catching some rays. It's quite astonishing how warm it was even compared to the Costa del Sol, where apparently it was coat and scarf weather!


promOnce again the Town Hall put on a party to bring in 2017 down on the Levante promenade – and it was packed. Thousands turned out – residents and holidaymakers, armed with bottles of cava, hats, streamers and poppers.


crowds from stageFree bags of grapes were handed out to the crowds and DJ’s kept the party atmosphere going until the pivotal moment, when they counted down the last minute and the strike of the chimes signaled in 2017. Many of those in the bars along the front spilled out onto the street to join in the celebrations, which went on well into the early hours.

IMG 0579The police were out in force overseeing that things didn’t get out of hand – but allowed everyone to have a good time. It will certainly be a quiet Sunday in Benidorm as many will no doubt sleep off the previous nights celebrations!

 

The next big events taking place in Benidorm will be St Patrick's Day on Friday 17 March and the very first 3-Day Tattoo Convention from 17-19 March http://www.benidormtattooconvention.com/

DJs

IMG 0605

IMG 0590

handing out grapes

IMG 0566

Add comment


Security code
Refresh

Located in the Old Town

Grupo Aurrera is Tapas Alley

Quote of the day

The facts, although interesting, are usually irrelevant

Latest Comments

  • Buying medicine in Spain

    Terry Cowley 19.11.2017 15:09
    Can I buy Nitrazapam 5mg. on line in Spain
     
  • Revival of the Selomar Hotel

    Christopher culley 19.11.2017 10:13
    What sad news to find out about the selomar hotel. I 1st stayed here in the 1980s. We became regular ...
     
  • Pablo Bloom ... Benidorm´s one man jukebox

    Maria Kavanagh 03.11.2017 14:21
    Pablo Bloom fab saw him in Uncle Peds Benidorm 2 nights ago 1st Nov.2017! Our last night and a great ...

News Snippets

  • Festive Pizza +

    From December 7, select Asda stores will be selling a Christmas dinner pizza! The toppings will include Brussel sprouts, roast potatoes and strips of roast chicken drizzled with cranberry sauce. They will be available in two sizes - 10 inch at £2.60 and 14 inch at £4... Ho Ho Ho.
  • You are what you eat! +

    The ingredients have to by law be listed on the labels, but do you really know the breakdown of what goes in your mouth? A 400gm jar of Nutella chocolate spread is 55% sugar and only 7% cocoa, meaning that a 20gm serving contains 3 teaspoons of sugar and only 2 hazelnuts. There is NO chicken in a chicken & mushroom pot noodle and 65% of Flora Light is water. But did you know that 99.8% of diet coke is water, with the remaining 0.2% colour, sweetner and flavouring.
  • Monarch goes bust +

    Monarch airlines have gone out of business after nearly 50 years of trading - very sad news. 2,750 staff are now without a job and 110,000 Monarch customers are abroad at the moment - but ALL will be flown back to the UK more or less at the same time of their original planned return.
  • Driving ban lifted +

    After a 60 year long ban, women will be allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia. A royal decree issued by King Salman should be in place by June 2018. The country was mocked after a picture appeared with an all female aircrew landing a jet - even though none would be allowed to drive a car!
  • All about the shoes +

    Jimmy Choo - the luxury British shoe company has been sold to American rival Michael Korrs, for nearly £900 million. Jimmy Choo was founded be a Malaysian designer in the 1990's and shot to prominence after being featured in the hot TV show Sex and the City
  • British passports +

    The UK voted Brexit yet it seems ludicrous that a French or German company may win the contract to produce British passports after 2019! One Tory MP is outraged stating that British passports should be manufactured in Britain, in a British factory employing British people - and not many would disagree with that.
  • 1
Sign up for our newsletter to receive exclusive offers and vouchers.


Receive HTML?

Joomla Extensions powered by Joobi

Weather

67°
19°
°F | °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 52%
Wed
Partly Cloudy
52 | 67
11 | 19
Thu
Partly Cloudy
54 | 70
12 | 21

Upcoming Events

Sun Nov 26 @14:00 - 17:00
MABS fundraiser afternoon
Fri Dec 08 @11:00 - 17:00
Xmas Fayre at Flash hotel
Sun Dec 10 @19:00 - 23:30
Mud & Brotherhood of Man at BP

Cigarette Prices

  (per carton)

B&H 49.50€
Berkeley 48.50€
Camel 46.50€
Embassy 51.50€
JPS 44€
L&B 47.50€
Marlboro 51.50€
Mayfair 44€
Silk Cut 49.50€

Tobacco 50gm x10

Golden Virginia 89.50€
Old Holborn 90€

mumsnet

What People Say

  • Upto date news and reports on things we have seen featured on tv

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9